Health and Hygiene Policies
- All breakfast and afternoon tea prepared at St Andrew’s Kids’ Club will be nutritious and following the food handling guidelines, and will respect children’s cultural and medical requirements
- A list of all children’s food allergies and cultural food preferences will be displayed in food preparation and serving areas.
- All food used for snacks will be stored at the appropriate temperature either in the cupboard or in the refrigerator/freezer. Use-by dates will be checked prior to serving and all out of date food will be discarded.
- The dining area at the hall is the only designated area for eating.
- All children must properly wash their hands with soap before eating. They are not allowed to share plates, cups, spoons, forks, and drinking straws.
Sick Child Policy
We request that you find alternate care if your child is ill to prevent others from becoming sick. If your child becomes ill while under our care, a quiet resting area will be provided and the child will be under close supervision of a staff. We may contact you and ask that you come early or arrange for someone to collect your child as soon as possible. It is important that we keep our environment as safe and healthy as we can for all children and staff in our programmes.
Parents must accomplish the Medical Consent Form if their children require medication while at St Andrew’s Kids’ Club. If this form is not completed with details of the medication and signed by the parent, we cannot give the medication to your child. Any medication prescribed by the doctor will only be administered by staff if it has the printed pharmacy label clearly showing the child’s name, a recent prescription date and doctor’s instructions regarding its administration. Non-prescription medication will not be administered at St Andrew’s Kids’ Club.