St Andrew’s Kids’ Club is fully committed to every child’s right to be kept safe and protected from harm, and firmly recognises its responsibility for child protection. The safety, welfare, and protection of all children in our care are paramount and have priority over all other concerns.
The aim of the policy is to promote good practice, providing children with appropriate safety/protection whilst in the care of St Andrew’s Kids’ Club and to allow staff and volunteers to make informed and confident responses to specific child protection issues. This means to follow procedures to protect children and report any concerns about their welfare to appropriate authorities – Child Youth and Family, the Police, social services.
St Andrew’s Kids’ Club is fully committed to the following:
- the safety, welfare, and protection of the children are paramount
- all children, whatever their age, gender, culture, ability, language, racial origin, or religious belief should be able to participate in a fun and safe environment
- taking all reasonable steps to protect children from harm, discrimination and degrading treatment and to respect their rights and feelings
- all suspicions and allegations of harm or abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately
- all St Andrew’s Kids’ Club employees who work with children will be recruited with regard to their suitability for that responsibility, and will be provided with guidance and/or training in good practice and child protection procedures